Monday, February 24, 2014

Cocchi Vermouth di Torino apéritif


I have a serious case of the Februaries. Can't shake 'em. I have ordered Indian take-out for dinner two of the past few nights. Three nights out of the past week if that statistic makes the case for restraint. And believe me, it did take restraint.  To my credit, I once branched out and ordered a new (to me) dish. I guess what I am trying to say is that I am not completely in a rut. But it is February. 

Did I mention it's also Monday?

Now seems like as good a time as any to introduce you to my favorite aperitif, Cocchi Vermouth di Torino. Have you tried it? This red vermouth follows the regional tradition of fortifying Moscato wine. Initially sweet and subtle, the finish is slightly bitter and earthy. I like the add a few dashes of Angostura bitters for a deeper, more complex flavor. Fragrant lemon peel rounds out the aperitif. It's as simple as that. 



Cocchi Vermouth di Torino apéritif
4 dashes Angostura bitters
2 ounces Cocchi Vermouth di Torino
lemon peel to garnish

Combine Angostura bitters and Cocchi Vermouth di Torino over ice. Stir until chilled. Serve over ice in an old-fashioned glass. Garnish with a generous lemon peel. Orange peel would also be nice.

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment