Monday, September 9, 2013

Bar Style: Mirrors



I have always been drawn to the way mirrors create added dimension within a space. I particularly love when they are incorporated into a bar. Liquor bottles are often so artfully formed with great attention given to their labels - both traditional and contemporary designs. They are only more seductive when reflected. The resulting subtle backlighting effect from a strategically-placed mirror makes mixing a cocktail instantly more inviting.

Here are a few bars styled with mirrors that I'm currently loving:






This is what my bar currently looks like:





As my liquor collection continues to grow I have abandoned the idea of a formal arrangement in lieu of embracing a more organic look. (Can you believe that my bar used to be contained by this sweet little tray?) I have always been drawn to the patina of the built-in mirrors of old French cafes, and love the informality of simply leaning an antique mirror against the wall. I snagged this one off of Craigslist from a chatty woman in track pants and stilettos right after we moved into the new place in June, and our bar has remained pretty much unaltered since. As much as I love the console, if I'm being honest it just barely fits into the corner. (I struggle with the dining room in general. The footprint is a little wonky, and all the axis are off.) 

I'm looking to change things up - stay tuned!

Images via: 1, 2, 3, 4

No comments:

Post a Comment