Thursday, September 5, 2013

Tequila Cocktail, the Rosita











































Since we're on a tequila kick ... you should probably try the most delicious tequila cocktail I've enjoyed in quite some time. Just when I thought Campari was getting tired, The Savory willed me to try a drink that combined all my favorites: tequila, Campari, sweet vermouth and dry vermouth. Yes, you read correctly, two varieties of vermouth! This is always a good sign. I reduced the standard amount of Campari (as much as I love the bitterness of Campari, like to taste my tequila), and doubled the bitters. Garnish with a strawberry - it is the juiciest summer for berries after all!






















Rosita Cocktail
1 1/2 ounces 100% agave tequila
1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
1/2 ounce dry vermouth
1/4 ounce Campari
2 dash Angostura bitters

Stir ingredients in a shaker with ice cubes. Strain into a chilled glass filled with ice. Garnish as you like - strawberry or lime wedge would both be good options. 












































Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment